Strategy, Culture & Change
Code : ML25
Date : 7 – 8 Apr 2013
Venue : Dubai
Do you want your people to deliver extraordinary performance? Do you want your people to achieve great things and fulfill their potential? Do you want an organisational culture that engages your people? If your answer is yes then you must put into place the building blocks that create an inspirational organisation that motivates and empowers your people. Inspirational leaders are visionaries who seek and generate momentum for change. They create a shared vision which engages their people and a culture where people value themselves, each other, the company and the customers.
Inspirational leadership is a highly creative and intrinsically interpersonal activity to which people positively respond. As a leadership style, it demands that leaders employ their strengths with effect, where behaviours and values are paramount and where trust is established. This structured seminar seeks to explore the personal traits that make leaders inspirational in the context of their organisations strategy and culture. It offers a learning experience in which tools and techniques are employed to build leadership capability and a strategic response to the challenges of role.
This course will assist delegates to:
- Build an organisational vision direction and purpose
- Evaluate the impact of the wider environment of strategy
- Determine the key features of their organisation culture to determine if it is supportive of the organisation direction
- Identifies opportunities to innovate in the organisation
- Build a compelling message for those they lead
- To build an organisational vision and identify the values which underpin the vision.
- To identify the behaviours which build trust and influence.
- To understand and demonstrate in practice the skills of inspirational leadership.
- To understand organisational culture and how it impacts performance.
- To ensure that strategy and culture are aligned to impact the organisation in a positive way.
- To establish a “grounded” change management plan to meet the needs of the global environment.
- Aspiring high potential candidates
- All Team/ discipline leaders with a focus on change management issues
- Team leaders keen to further their management skills
- Departmental managers with a focus
- Project managers
- HR professionals about to implement and support change, management issues
- Senior leaders wishing to reflect and appraise their leadership style
- Leaders who wish to re-establish organisational purpose and direction
Typical results at work include:
- Stronger focus on strategy
- Changes to ways of working and service delivery which offer tangible benefits to the organisation
- Effective communication
- Improved motivation
- Enhanced team working
- A proactive approach towards change
- A stronger focus on strategic alignment
- The identification of potential changes aligned to support the strategy and promote employee engagement
- Leaders deliver a compelling vision of organisational direction
- Improved interpersonal relationships
- A greater level of trust in the organisation
- A proactive approach towards change
The Course Content
Leading the Strategic Vision
- Building an organisational vision
- Behaviours, values and stakeholder for support the vision
- The leadership qualities that will deliver the vision
- Two fundamental questions on leadership
- Inspiring others
- My leadership challenge
Strategy and the Organisation
- How does the global environmental impact our business?
- Current status: SWOT analysis
- Strategy does it support and the vision Porters 5 forces on strategy: impact and outcomes
- Customer drive strategy. Do we meet their needs?
- Future projections of need and planning
- Strategy tree : ensuring alignment
Inspirational Leadership and Culture
- The shadow of the leader
- How leaders impact the culture and climate of an organisation
- Organisational culture what is it and why so important?
- Using Mckinsey’s 7 s tool to analyse the organisation
- What features can I identify in my organisational culture?
- Does our culture support the vision and strategy? Identify areas for potential change
Generating Momentum and Leading Change
- Leading strategic and cultural change
- Models of change
- Planning for change: Kotter’s Eight Stage model
- Gaining support
- Overcoming resistance
- Addressing individual resistance. Winning hearts and minds
Inspirational leadership: future action and intent
- The anatomy of leadership
- Inspiring by creating meaning: building a compelling vision
- Inspiring through communication: elevator speech
- Inspiring through trust
- Inspiring by engaging your people
- Action planning and review